Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Are you STRESSED??





STRESS

Everyone experiences it. It can produce a good result or help you to solve a problem if it is short-term. But if it is chronic, it can undermine your health and increase your risk of chronic disease and stroke or heart attack. 

Managing stress ,so it does not become chronic, is a very important life skill to have. In class we've been talking about stress, learning the common vocabulary of stress. Today we are going to watch two videos that will inform us of the process of stress response in our body, how it affects the body if chronic and what to do to manage stress effectively.
You will be taking notes and sharing what you learned with a a group.

Some not-so-effective ways of managing stress are over-eating, or eating comfort food (mmmm, donuts!!!) or under-eating and not eating healthy food. Other ways people manage stress in an unhealthy way are watching too much t.v, and scrolling on your phone constantly. We have to find other ways to deal with stress that are healthy and effective. 

Write about what you do to manage your stress in your blog.

Managing Stress - Brainsmart - BBC - YouTube

How stress affects your body - Sharon Horesh Bergquist - YouTube



2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, watching TV too much, scrolling on my phone constantly,over eating unhealty food...everything is in my case since I've been in here. But, I won't be stressed about those because I believe it's just phase for my beautiful life later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't mean I'll keep not-so-effective way. I've tried to get effective way for my stress management since my mental almost broke down and my body had strange symptoms. For me, it is the good way, "However, whatever, get up and move your body!"

    ReplyDelete